Hi friends ............i like this sauce very much...it goes well along samosa, pakora and other Indian snacks and its very easy to make............
Ingredients required :
- imli i.e tamarind - 50 gms, soak it in water for few hours
- jaggery - 100 to 150 gms depending on the taste u like
- common salt or black salt - 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- jeera i.e cummin seed - 1 1/2 tsp roasted
Strain the imli and pour it in a pan to boil.
When it is boiled add salt, red chilli powder and roasted jeera.
Boil for few more minute and add jaggery.
Let the jaggery get dissolve completely.
Boil it till it get thick, the thickness of the sauce depence on how u like to have it.
Then let it get cool and store it in a jar and keep it in the fridge.
Can late for a month, but the jar will get empty in few days.
Note : After the sauce cools down it becomes a bit more thick.
For a quick video demo look here
the quantity i took to make the sauce.
and finally the mouth watering imli sauce