This is the chutney i have learnt from my sister-in-law and is my sons favourite.
so you will be needing......
- 1 onion
- 3 - 4 tomatoes
- few red chillies
- 2-3 cloves of garlic[optional]
First fry take oil in the pan fry garlic and in the same oil fry red chillies. Remove them.
And ten fry the onions till they are brown. Remove them.
In the same oil put in the tomatoes [ cutted into 4 pieces each] stir them till the skin of the tomatoes starts to leave. Remove it.
Note- you have to let all the ingredients cool before grinding them.
When its cool grind it in the mixture, add in salt and tamarind.
Serve with idlies, dosa or parathas.
Other variation with it:
- You can add boiled eggs in it if you are eating it with parathas or roti
- You can fry brinjal and put it in it.
- Even paneer taste good in it.
- You can dilute it to your liking.